The choice of colours for a mother of the bride's or groom outfit at an autumn wedding can be a hard one to choose. Autumn colours are normally associated with warm colours likes reds, oranges and browns, which can be hard to match to a wedding's colour scheme, and the overall style of the wedding. If it is a sage green wedding, then a keep red dress might not be the best options.
The art of choosing your perfect mother of the bride or grooms dress can be a hard one to master, especially when considering the differences in seasonal dressing. This is why we have thought of all the best advice that Veni Infantino could think of, letting you know everything you need to consider when planning and considering wearing to take the stress away and help you look and feel your best on this special day.
So firstly, here are some of Veni’s best colour suggestions for autumn weddings:
- Deep Jewel Tones: Rich jewel tones such as deep purple 29651, emerald 992121, green 992133 and 992127A, sapphire blue 992104A, and burgundy 992141 can be elegant and fitting for an autumn wedding. These colours are both seasonally appropriate and can create a sophisticated look. As darker colours they also are a great colour for the transitional month.
- Earthy Tones: Earthy shades like warm browns, terracotta 29662, deep oranges 992134A, and forest green 29823 can complement the fall foliage and create a harmonious connection with the season. These colours are the ones most associated with Autumn and can really bright out a ladies complexion thanks to the warm undertones
- Warm Neutrals: Neutral colours such as taupe 29861A, almond 992105, mocha, or champagne 992056 and 29822 can be a subtle and timeless choice. These shades can be paired with bold accessories or metallic accents for a more vibrant look.
- Metallics: Gold 991904, Rose Gold 29874A, and bronze accents can add a touch of glamour and warmth to the mother of the bride's outfit. These are great colours for evening autumn weddings
- Dusty Rose or Mauve: These muted, rosy hues are versatile and can work well in various wedding settings. They add a touch of femininity and can be paired with complementary colours or metallics. Styles like 29835 and 29801 and are perfect examples of a tone down rose gold that matches the colour scheme of autumn.
- Navy Blue: Navy is a classic and versatile colour that can work for any season, including autumn. This has been hinted with gold like 992016 or can be a solid colour like 992007 and 29864 It can be paired with lighter shades or metallics to create a balanced look.
It's a good idea when looking for your dress to also check on what the rest of the wedding party is wearing and communicate with the bride and the wedding party to ensure your outfit complements the overall colour scheme and style of the wedding.
While these colour suggestions are popular for autumn weddings, do not be afraid to go out of the box. Personal style and comfort should also play a significant role in the final choice. Ultimately, the most important thing to remember is to feel confident and comfortable in your chosen outfit and have fun.